teeth
Teeth. I just had 6 pulled out last Thursday. Well, technically it was four and two extra (one I knew about, the other was a surprise). One was pulled out and had two pop out after it. The two little ones are freakish looking (they handed 'em to my mom while I was in recovery). Looks like something you'd see on X-Files. Andrew said maybe it was my twin that never developed. Now there's somebody that's seen too many X-Files shows.
The pain is not so horrible now. I haven't taken one pain killer today. Although I still have no appetite (maybe this will be some weirdo diet thing for me), I am sleeping better now. I am still subsisting on Jell-O and pudding cups, along with some applesauce, and the favorite: mashed potatoes. I overdid it yesterday with food: trying to eat stuff I shouldn't have and just using my front teeth made my mouth ache. Today I tackled pancakes! Whoohoo! Something new and not out of a cup. Although I did put applesauce from a cup on top of them...
I don't really miss the food I cannot have, which I'm sure is a blessing. It isn't appealing to me. And I don't have much of an appetite at all right now. Three pancakes with applesauce on top filled me up for breakfast and dinner. I'll probably take the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow.
Which brings me to a new point. I'm somewhat glad I'm in training seminars the next two days so that I don't have to talk too much or think too much. I hope they have handouts! I stayed home from work today to take it easy and prepare myself for the rest of the week. My jaw still gets sore from talking too much (so amazingly enough I'm keeping fairly quiet these days...), and my job involves talking. A lot. So the next two days I'll just have to listen unless I have questions.
*Sigh.* I am looking forward to eating cereal again. I still have almost half a box of Marshmellow Froot Loops. And coffee! I do miss my coffee. I know that I shall miss it very much these next few days at work. I'll have to find another caffiene (spell check isn't working and I'm sure that's spelled wrong) source. Maybe energy drinks would work...
The pain is not so horrible now. I haven't taken one pain killer today. Although I still have no appetite (maybe this will be some weirdo diet thing for me), I am sleeping better now. I am still subsisting on Jell-O and pudding cups, along with some applesauce, and the favorite: mashed potatoes. I overdid it yesterday with food: trying to eat stuff I shouldn't have and just using my front teeth made my mouth ache. Today I tackled pancakes! Whoohoo! Something new and not out of a cup. Although I did put applesauce from a cup on top of them...
I don't really miss the food I cannot have, which I'm sure is a blessing. It isn't appealing to me. And I don't have much of an appetite at all right now. Three pancakes with applesauce on top filled me up for breakfast and dinner. I'll probably take the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow.
Which brings me to a new point. I'm somewhat glad I'm in training seminars the next two days so that I don't have to talk too much or think too much. I hope they have handouts! I stayed home from work today to take it easy and prepare myself for the rest of the week. My jaw still gets sore from talking too much (so amazingly enough I'm keeping fairly quiet these days...), and my job involves talking. A lot. So the next two days I'll just have to listen unless I have questions.
*Sigh.* I am looking forward to eating cereal again. I still have almost half a box of Marshmellow Froot Loops. And coffee! I do miss my coffee. I know that I shall miss it very much these next few days at work. I'll have to find another caffiene (spell check isn't working and I'm sure that's spelled wrong) source. Maybe energy drinks would work...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home