society/culture/America
As I was reading my friend Mike's blog (Prowling Purple Pandas), it made me wonder: Do I care enough about culture/society/America? Mike's blog really makes me think. Do I support the war? In a way yes, in other ways, no. Yes, because our troops (not all, I'm sure) believe in what they are fighting for and why they are over there in the first place. No, because why does America always step in to take care of other countries? It's like America is the big brother that wants to take care of everyone and make sure it's all okay before walking away. Why is that? When 9/11 happened, what country came to our aid? Hurricane Katrina: Again, who came to help us? We are so quick to help out everybody else, but no country ever offers to help us. It makes me wonder why our country is always jumping to other places in the world to help out.
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about or truly understand why America is always "helping" other countries. Maybe I don't get involved in politics because talking about them gives me a headache.
I do know that I care about where our society is headed. It seems to be going to the materialistic extreme, a self-centered point of view. "How will this benefit me?" seems to be a motivator for some people. I must admit that I like the little spot of Michigan where I live where life moves at a slower pace and people still retain their good ol' fashioned values. Where people still lend a helping hand to neighbors and others in need. Where I want my children to be raised. It's scary what is happening in today's world. The violence, the hate, the overall lack of respect for our fellow human beings.
The consolation that I have comes from my faith in God. He knows the future and what will come of all this. That is my refuge.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
Enough said.
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about or truly understand why America is always "helping" other countries. Maybe I don't get involved in politics because talking about them gives me a headache.
I do know that I care about where our society is headed. It seems to be going to the materialistic extreme, a self-centered point of view. "How will this benefit me?" seems to be a motivator for some people. I must admit that I like the little spot of Michigan where I live where life moves at a slower pace and people still retain their good ol' fashioned values. Where people still lend a helping hand to neighbors and others in need. Where I want my children to be raised. It's scary what is happening in today's world. The violence, the hate, the overall lack of respect for our fellow human beings.
The consolation that I have comes from my faith in God. He knows the future and what will come of all this. That is my refuge.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
Enough said.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home